Sunscreen is an essential part of our skincare routine, helping to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays. And if you are investing in your skin with serums and exfoliation, sunscreen is an ABSOLUTE MUST or you will end up with a painful sunburn.
With so many different sunscreens available on the market, it can be challenging to choose the right one for your needs and especially if you want to use it as a base to your makeup.
Here are some of the best sunscreens that you can consider:
- Beauty by Joseon Relief Sun. This is a top favorite of mine. It is a lightweight creamy organic sunscreen that truly feels like skincare. It’s rich in probiotics and has a SPF 50+. $18
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid SPF 60: This sunscreen has a high SPF, is water-resistant, and is great for people with sensitive skin. It is also oil-free, making it an excellent choice for those with oily or acne-prone skin.$36
- Shaklee/Pomifera Youth Activating BB Cream. This 5-in-one Beauty Balm is designed to do it all. It provides a great base to your makeup with a chemical free SPF 30 Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin and comes in 4 different shades. $45 Shop HERE.
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46: This sunscreen is great for people with acne-prone skin as it is oil-free and non-comedogenic. It also contains niacinamide, which helps to improve skin texture and tone. $41
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40: This sunscreen is great for people who don’t like the feel of traditional sunscreens as it is lightweight and leaves no white residue. It also contains antioxidant-rich ingredients that help to protect against free radical damage. $38
- CeraVe Hydrating Sunscreen Face Lotion SPF 50: This sunscreen is great for people with dry or sensitive skin as it contains ceramides that help to restore the skin’s natural barrier. It is also oil-free and non-comedogenic.$13.56.
Remember to always choose a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and to reapply it every two hours when exposed to the sun.
Need help choosing skincare? Fill out my SKINCARE ASSESSMENT HERE!
Updated on May 10, 2023