They say the eyes don’t lie but do they?
As we age, undereye bags and dark circles are one of our biggest nemesis. Dark circles and under-eye bags leave us looking tired and feeling old.
Here’s 8️ Tips to reduce the look of eye bags and dark circles.
1. Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep is one of the main causes of under-eye bags. Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night to reduce puffiness.
2. Use cold compresses: Applying cold compresses, such as chilled cucumber slices or a cold spoon, can help reduce swelling and inflammation.
3. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day can help prevent under-eye bags by keeping the skin hydrated.
4. Avoid salty foods and alcohol: Salt and alcohol can cause dehydration and fluid retention, which can lead to under-eye bags. Limit your intake of these substances.
5. Use eye creams: Look for eye creams that contain caffeine, green tea extract, or vitamin C, which can help reduce inflammation and improve the appearance of under-eye bags.
Pomifera/Shaklee has all-in-one Youth Restoring Eye Treatment which has powerful anti-aging benefits and visible solutions to tired, dry or puffy eyes. I’m very excited about this product.! I’ve used other eye creams that either didn’t perform well or cost a fortune.
6. Try an under-eye patch to reduce the puffiness and dark circles. Choose ones that have humectants like Hyalauronic acid and Niacinamide, emollients like triglycerides and squalene, and occlusives such as glycerine or petroleum jelly. I’ve used and found helpful the ones by DRMTLGY.
7. Use makeup techniques: Color correcting products can be used to cover up dark circles and reduce the look of under-eye bags. Message me if you need help with neutralizing the excess color around your eyes.
8. Wear your sunglasses. Sunglasses with UVB protection help protect the eyes but also help prevent hyperpigmentation around the eyes.
What have you tried in the past that either worked or didn’t work around your undereyes?
Need help in choosing skincare? Fill out my Skincare Assessment HERE!
Updated on May 10, 2023